Monday, February 05, 2007

The Road Back to Mae Sot is Nice, Too


On Wednesday, I hoist a very full pack upon my back, send a wave and a smile over my shoulder and poof - I am once again in transit. I am slowly getting in what would seem to be the appropriate frame of mind for my upcoming journey, a frame of mind somewhere between constant daydreaming ("Yes, I'll take two mangos, please.") and constant clinging (to friends and family at home, that is). I will also finally begin checking out the blogs - namely Casey's and Arielle's - of my fellow wanderers.

And a wanderer is what I will be. Hopeful itinerary, forthwith:

2/7 - 2/23: Thailand (Bangkok, Mae Sot, and Chiang Mai)
2/23 - 2/25: Beijing
2/25 - 6/8: Mongolia (Ulaanbaatar and other aimags)*
6/8 - 8/6: Thailand (Mae Sot, primarily)

The picture is from Angkor Wat. I took it - and many others, truth be told - at sunrise. Think symbolism. Setting out. Levi-Strauss, anyone?

* "Aimag" apparently is the Mongolian equivalent of "province," or state - you know. We'll be traveling around Mongolia a fair amount.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you living on the other side of my celment wall! Take very good care of yourself, please.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Laura B said...

I didn't realize you would be gone all summer too. Sad. September really will be quite a homecoming then.

4:53 AM  
Blogger sara said...

ooh I get it! The sunset! The decline of Archaic society (?)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home