Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Spring Semester Reading List

Due to popular demand - thank you Sara Vogel, of course - I offer my spring semester reading list. I'm not in my room right now, but I think I'm only missing one or two books. Check it check it.

Andre Aciman, ed.: "Letters of Transit"
Andre Aciman: "Out of Egypt"
T. Adorno: "The Culture Industry"
K.A. Appiah: "Cosmopolitanism"
Siddhartha Deb: "An Outline of the Republic"
J. Derrida: "Writing and Difference"
G. Flaubert: "Madame Bovary"
Ha Jin: "Waiting"
J. Kerouac: "On the Road"
M. Kohn: "Last Lama of the Gobi"
E. Larkin: "Finding George Orwell in Burma"
Ma Ma Lay: "Not Out of Hate"
C. Levi-Strauss: "Tristes Tropiques"
G. G. Marquez: "Love in the Time of Cholera"
V. Nabokov: "Lolita"
V.S. Naipaul: "Guerrillas"
G. Orwell: "Burmese Days"
E. Said: "Orientalism"
E. Said: "Reflections on Exile"
Pramoedya Toer: "Child Of All Nations"

'Tis a long list; this much I know. Much of it is sort of catch up, as you might notice. And some of it I really have already read, like Kerouac and Levi-Strauss. Furthermore, Deb, Jin, Appiah, and Ma Lay I've finished already on this trip. I know there's at least one more book, but I can't remember it right now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home