Monday, April 23, 2007

Bayankhongor Nights


Really it's nothing of the sort - not that there aren't nights (see picture above, which preceded a night), but not like the boogie ones. I haven't written my wrap-up on this homestay yet, but it was much improved from the one in Dadal. I mean, I was living in a ger! My family was on the tale end of their winter pasture. (Usually they move 5-6 times per year.) My mother: Mjidorj. My father: Baatar. My brother: Batorgil. My 2-year old relative next door: Sumo! He looks like Davaadorj, one of the two really solid Mongolian sumo wrestlers right now.

Maybe I'll be able to offer some more engaging reflection later, but I've been fairly unreflective lately. That's part of the lack of blog postings, and probably related to some of my hesitations about this here program. Another day, another day. Isn't that a nice silhouette, though? Credit Emily Terrin. We did lots of herding. I am a master with the wooden staff, and I milk goats like, well, not terribly. I'm having trouble getting my photos onto my camera, so I'm relying on others' for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a student at the University of California Los Angeles. I am leading a student delegation to do volunteer work with humanitarian NGOs in Mae Sot, Thailand. I came across your commment in lost-heather's blogspot and I was wondering if you still had the contact information for the Ban Thai Guesthouse. I'm having a difficult time finding it online. Please email me at bruinsforburma@gmail.com Thank you and I really appreciate your help.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home